Portuguese airline (TAP) announced on Monday to reduce capacity for the next few months by around 2,500 additional flights, bringing the total reduction to 3,500 flights. These measures "are justified by the drop in travel reservations for the coming months that has occurred in recent days" due to the coronavirus epidemic, said TAP in a statement. The Portuguese flag carrier announced last week to reduce 1,000 flights. The total reduction of 3,500 flights is equivalent to "7 percent of flights scheduled in March, 11 percent in April and 19 percent in May," said the statement. The company has activated its contingency plan since the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak. TAP said it "will contact all passengers affected by these cancellations and together with them will find the best options and alternatives for making their trips."
(Cover image via VCG)
Copyright © 2020 CGTN. Beijing ICP prepared NO.16065310-3