A rescue worker at the remaining part of Champlain Towers South complex in Surfside, Florida, U.S. July 5, 2021. /Reuters
The number of people confirmed to have been killed in the collapse of a Miami-area condominium tower last month has reached 86, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said on Saturday.
No survivors have been pulled alive from the ruins.
Investigators have not determined what caused the 40-year-old complex to collapse.
"It is a staggering and heartbreaking number that affects all of us very, very deeply," said the county mayor.
Champlain Towers South, a 12-story building in Surfside, a town north of Miami Beach, came tumbling down on June 24, as residents slept inside.
Copyright © 2020 CGTN. Beijing ICP prepared NO.16065310-3