A rescue mission is underway after a blast rocked a canteen in Wulong District, southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, January 7, 2022. /CMG
Updated at 22:40 p.m. BJT
A total of 20 people have been pulled out from the debris, nine of whom died following rescue efforts, CMG reported.
The rescue mission is ongoing.
Updated at 9:26 p.m. BJT
As of 7:00 p.m. local time, six people were killed and 11 remained trapped after a blast rocked a canteen in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality on Friday.
Updated at 6:21 p.m. BJT
As of 6:00 p.m. local time, 13 people had been pulled out from the debris, three of whom died following rescue efforts, said the on-site emergency response headquarters.
China's Ministry of Emergency Management has dispatched a working group and several experts to guide the rescue efforts.
Updated at 4:30 p.m. BJT
Local firefighters have rescued nine people, CMG reported.
Updated at 3:08 p.m. BJT
More than 20 people were believed to have been trapped after a blast rocked a canteen in a subdistrict office in Wulong District, southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, on Friday noon.
The accident took place at 12:10 p.m. due to a suspected gas leakage which triggered the explosion and caused the collapse, said the municipal publicity department.
Updated at 2:48 p.m. BJT
An explosion occurred in Wulong District of southwest China's Chongqing Municipality on Friday, CMG reported.
An unknown number of people are reportedly trapped, and rescue efforts are underway.
Copyright © 2020 CGTN. Beijing ICP prepared NO.16065310-3
Disinformation report hotline: 010-85061466