The governments of Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, the U.S. and the UK have released a joint statement on the strikes by the U.S. and the UK on Yemen.
It said the joint strikes against targets in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen were "in accordance with the inherent right of individual and collective self-defense."
"These precision strikes were intended to disrupt and degrade the capabilities the Houthis use to threaten global trade and the lives of international mariners in one of the world's most critical waterways," the statement continued.
"Our aim remains to de-escalate tensions and restore stability in the Red Sea, but let our message be clear: we will not hesitate to defend lives and protect the free flow of commerce in one of the world's most critical waterways in the face of continued threats."
Houthi forces have launched retaliatory attacks on U.S. and UK warships in the Red Sea, a senior member of the Houthi group, Abdul Salam Jahaf, claimed in a statement early on Friday. But a senior U.S. official told reporters no direct retaliatory action directed towards U.S. or other coalition members was seen as of now.
Earlier on Friday, Houthi leader Abdulmalik al-Houthi has warned in a televised speech that "any American aggression will not go without response."