Our Privacy Statement & Cookie Policy

By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can change your cookie settings through your browser.

I agree

EU countries adopt plan to use frozen Russian assets for Ukraine's defense


 , Updated 19:52, 21-May-2024

EU countries have formally adopted a plan to use windfall profits from Russian central bank assets frozen in the EU for Ukraine's defense, the Belgian government said on Tuesday.

Under the agreement, 90 percent of the proceeds will go into an EU-run fund for military aid for Ukraine, with the other 10 percent going to support Kyiv in other ways.

Source(s): Reuters
Search Trends