By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can change your cookie settings through your browser.
CGTN
 , Updated 10:00, 04-May-2026
CGTN
 , Updated 10:00, 04-May-2026US President Donald Trump has announced Project Freedom, a naval mission to escort stranded ships out of the Strait of Hormuz. It is set to begin in the coming hours starting Monday.
Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of the Iranian parliament's national security and foreign policy committee, warned the plan is a violation of the ceasefire.
Previously, Iran sent a 14-point plan to the US, calling for guarantees of non-aggression, the lifting of a naval blockade and an end to the war "on all fronts," including in Lebanon. US President Donald Trump reportedly told Israel's Kan News on Sunday that the proposal was unacceptable to him.
US President Donald Trump has announced Project Freedom, a naval mission to escort stranded ships out of the Strait of Hormuz. It is set to begin in the coming hours starting Monday.
Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of the Iranian parliament's national security and foreign policy committee, warned the plan is a violation of the ceasefire.
Previously, Iran sent a 14-point plan to the US, calling for guarantees of non-aggression, the lifting of a naval blockade and an end to the war "on all fronts," including in Lebanon. US President Donald Trump reportedly told Israel's Kan News on Sunday that the proposal was unacceptable to him.