China willing to hold more talks on blacklisting Kashmir attacker
CGTN

China said on Friday it was willing to have more discussions with all parties concerned including India on blacklisting the head of Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), which claimed responsibility for the attack on an Indian paramilitary convoy in disputed Kashmir in February.

China prevented a UN Security Council committee on Wednesday from blacklisting JeM founder Masood Azhar.

China hopes the committee's actions can "benefit reducing the tense situation and protect regional stability," the ministry said, responding to a Reuters question on the boycott calls in India.

"China is willing to strengthen communication with all parties, including India, to appropriately handle this issue."

The February 14 attack that killed at least 40 paramilitary police was the deadliest in Kashmir's 30-year-long insurgency, escalating tension between the nuclear-armed neighbors, which said they shot down each other's fighter jets late last month.

Source(s): Reuters