Military medics supporting Hubei return safely
Updated 21:18, 16-Apr-2020

Around 4,000 military medics dispatched to Hubei, epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in China, have returned with approval from Xi Jinping, chairman of the Central Military Commission. 

The medics were transported by chartered flights and trains. 

The military medics were sent in three batches since January 24, serving patients at three hospitals – Huoshenshan Hospital, Wuhan's Taikangtongji Hospital and Hubei Provincial Women and Children's Hospital, as well as other major hospitals in Wuhan.

The military medical teams have treated over 7,000 patients of COVID-19. No medical staffs have been infected during this period. Front-line military medical experts have guided hospitals' epidemic containment and medical treatment on the spot.  

Working at Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital in Wuhan, central China's Hubei Province, January 26, 2020. /Xinhua

Working at Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital in Wuhan, central China's Hubei Province, January 26, 2020. /Xinhua

Traditional Chinese and Western medicine were integrated to treat novel coronavirus patients, safe and effective. Military researchers have also provided strong scientific and technological support. The recombinant vaccine developed by the Institute of Military Medicine under the Academy of Military Sciences has entered clinical trial. 

Read more:

Xi Jinping orders military to contribute to winning battle against coronavirus

Graphics: How many medical personnel and supplies have come to Wuhan since the coronavirus outbreak?

Since the outbreak, China has dispatched 346 medical teams consisting of over 42,000 members, both civilian and military, to aid anti-virus battle in Hubei. 


The first group of 450 medical professionals left for Wuhan on January 24, Chinese New Year's Eve, with the second group of 950 people leaving for Wuhan on February 2, and the third group of 2,600 people leaving for Wuhan on February 13

(Cover image: A military medic from the Air Force Medical University ready to leave for Wuhan from Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, January 24, 2020. /Xinhua)